A lead generation strategy that consistently provides results.
The good news is that anyone can generate more leads if they have the right methods in place. In this guide, we’ll share our proven lead-generation strategies that will transform your empty inbox into a hub of activity.
Attract people with lead magnets
Lead magnets or opt-ins are highly effective tools because they’re transactional. You give prospective customers something that will help them, and in exchange, they provide their email, which means you can add them to your list.
Depending on your industry, there are plenty of ideas for opt-ins, but they must add value.
For example, you can’t expect someone to give you their email address in exchange for something they don’t want, so make sure your lead magnets are enticing.
Popular lead magnets include:
- Free Audits: Your visitors can give you their domain name in exchange for their email. You’ll then audit their website and provide a free report highlighting common issues.
- Webinars: Whether it’s learning marketing methods or DIY techniques, webinars are a fantastic way to showcase your expertise and instil a sense of trust among prospective clients/customers.
- Whitepapers: Another popular lead generation technique is offering whitepapers. These industry reports can provide valuable insights for your target audience.
- Templates: If someone wants to learn a new skill or needs help with their business, a template offers a step-by-step guide, which most will find incredibly useful.
Create epic landing pages
Landing pages should have one sole purpose: compelling users to take action. Whether it’s getting them to fill out a form, add a product to their basket or sign up for an exclusive offer, these pages are conversion-focused.
One of the biggest mistakes we see with landing pages is people failing to optimise them properly and crowding them with information.
A great landing page should have:
- Value: Clearly communicate what visitors can gain by giving you their information.
- Proof: Showcase testimonials and other forms of social proof that remove barriers.
- Experience: Show users they can have a great experience without worrying about safety.
- Clarity: Demonstrate the next steps and use thank you pages to show appreciation for any submissions.
Need help with how to create epic landing pages? Wix has some great examples to inspire you.
Utilise SEO effectively
Many lead generation strategies are short-term solutions, but SEO is a long-term investment that provides ongoing results once the initial work is complete. According to Zipdo, the average SEO strategy has a 275% ROI, highlighting its importance for lead generation.
When you can focus on finding the right keywords, your target audience will come to you. Unfortunately, many people don’t understand how to use keyword research correctly.
For example, if you’re a new business using high-competition keywords, it’s unlikely that you’ll see any results.
So, what’s the solution?
Long-tail keywords are distinct terms that people will use when actively searching for a product, service or solution. A short-tail keyword would be ‘women’s trainers’, but a long-tail term could be ‘women’s white trainers with velcro’.
Isolating these opportunities means connecting with searchers who are likely to click on your website, which revs up lead generation.
Due to its complex nature, many businesses invest in bespoke SEO services, giving them more time to focus on other lead generation methods.
Build a network
When it comes to B2B marketing, networking is everything. Consumers are more likely to buy a product on impulse, but businesses typically go through a longer decision-making process.
Transactions between businesses often rely on mutual trust and respect, which can be challenging to build over time. However, networking lets you connect with key influencers and win word-of-mouth recommendations.
Platforms like LinkedIn are ideal for networking, but you can also use local groups if you’re a new business.
Win with PPC
Pay-per-click advertising is the best way to attract leads in a short timeframe. For example, if you’re launching a new product or want to advertise a service, PPC will help you secure immediate results.
Bear in mind it’s not a long-term strategy—unless you have an unlimited budget, but advertising will give you some immediate gains, which benefits new businesses with low organic rankings.
Platforms such as Google Ads, Facebook and LinkedIn are ideal for businesses from all sectors, but some common mistakes can impact your campaigns.
Try to avoid:
- Having no direction: Your ads should appeal to set target audiences, so take time with your keyword research and align the content to your demographics.
- Poor ad copy: People might see your ads but won’t click on them if the copy isn’t enticing.
- Not being picky: Consider negative keywords, as not excluding them can result in unqualified leads.
- Going in blind: If you’re new to PPC and don’t understand the various platforms, you won’t get the most out of your budget. Investing in professional PPC services can save you a lot of money.
Also, remember to use remarketing and retargeting campaigns to reignite interest in your business and find unique ways to reach people. For example, most companies focus on email marketing, but SMS can sometimes be more effective.
Finesse your A/B testing
Regardless of whether it’s landing pages or PPC, A/B testing leaves nothing to chance. These tests compare different elements or versions of marketing materials and highlight which attracts the most attention.
You can test various marketing elements, including emails, CTAs and web pages for variables such as content, colours and layouts.
The great thing about A/B testing is you can gain valuable insights that enable you to focus on high-converting materials. Not only does this mean you can streamline your lead generation strategy, but it also saves money.
Prioritise customer service
Customer service is always essential for business growth, but it’s still an area most struggle with. According to Online Dasher, 96% of consumers will leave a company after one negative experience, and 33% will complain about it on social media.
With the technology at our disposal today, excellent customer service should be non-negotiable, but lead response times are still an ongoing struggle for most.
Make responses your priority
If prospective clients or customers want to access information, you need to give them it. Unfortunately, leaving emails unanswered often means your leads will go elsewhere.
Technology makes it easier for brands to speed up responses using chatbots and AI virtual assistants. These innovative solutions can answer general queries and signpost prospective customers to the right place on your website.
Better still, even small businesses can integrate customer service technology into the lead acquisition journey, resulting in a better experience for everyone.
Discover the best AI virtual assistants for businesses of all sizes.
Some people love social media, while others would rather be without it. Whatever your feelings are, there’s no denying that getting social is one of the most effective ways to connect with your target audience.
Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn provide opportunities to learn about your target audience and introduce them to your brand.
They’re instrumental in showcasing your identity and social responsibility, which could be the difference between new customers or fighting for survival.
If your target audiences are Millennials and Gen-Z, social media is necessary.
These tips will help you get the most out of your profiles:
- Choose your platforms wisely, and don’t feel you need to be on all of them. LinkedIn is best for B2B companies, while Facebook can help you connect with a general audience.
- Post new content consistently, and update your profiles with the latest information.
- Utilise video marketing to grab attention and compel audience members to click through to your website.
- Maintain a consistent brand identity across your website and social profiles.
- Connect with key influencers to get more exposure.
Leave nothing to chance
With all the fancy lead generation methods, it’s easy to forget the most important one: leave nothing to chance. What do we mean by this? Creating a solid foundation for your business to grow and scale on ensures you have a consistent identity.
Your audience should have support at every stage of the buyer journey, including a committed customer support team and social proof of your brand.
For example, offering testimonials and using TrustPilot to gather independent reviews can remove any uncertainty and move prospective customers along the sales funnel.
Maintaining your brand identity and using content marketing will also enhance trust and convey your unique message.
By regularly assessing how your brand is performing and ensuring your target audience has the required information, you can streamline lead generation.
The bottom line
Lead generation is necessary for all businesses; once you break it down into different strategies, it doesn’t seem as complex.
Whether you focus on some – or all – of the methods in this post, remember to tailor your strategy to your target audiences and regularly assess any results.
If you’d like any support with lead generation, our dedicated experts can help you secure more qualified leads and look forward to long-term success.